UW Cognitive Science is a free of charge full-time 2-year master’s programme which combines areas such as psychology, computer science, philosophy and neurobiology. The studies are conducted by the Faculty of Psychology UW in cooperation with the Institute of Philosophy UW. Cognitive Science is organized as part of the University’s integrated development programme and financed from European Funds. More information on www.zip.uw.edu.pl.
- graduates of the bachelor programme in the field of Cognitive Science
- graduates of other fields of studies (eg. mathematics, informatics, philosophy), interested in deepening their knowledge and gaining practical skills to use modern research methods used in cognitive science and related sciences.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Increased competences for the international labour market
Because the entire programme is conducted in English, gaining knowledge, experience and competence in this language will allow our graduates to participate in the development of this still fresh field of science and increase their competitiveness on the international labour market.
- Two specific thematic paths
The second-cycle Cognitive Science program is significantly more advanced than the first-cycle program, as well as more specific, focusing on two areas (in the form of two „thematic paths”) of empirical research in cognitive science and related sciences. The studies will prepare you primarily for research in science, the R&D sector, in companies from the field of new technologies.The studies will prepare you primarily for research in science, the R&D sector, in companies from the field of new technologies.
- The neurocognitive path – you will gain in-depth theoretical and methodological knowledge of the cerebral basis (and broader – biological) of cognitive processes, the use of modern techniques for studying brain activity as well as planning and analyzing research while using them.
- The computational path – you will gain in-depth knowledge and skills in computational modelling of natural language as well as cognitive and social processes. Emphasis is placed on the human behaviour and its products as well as on the cultural and environmental factors determining it.
- Possibility of shaping your own course of study
Obligatory introductory courses and the choice of one of two paths ensure the necessary minimum level of skills that a modern cognitive scientist should be equipped with. At the same time, students have a high level of flexibility and freedom in shaping their own course of study which also allows them to complete courses from both paths.
- Practical experience in conducting research
Regardless of the path chosen, an important component of the study programme is organized around students’ work in research labs and in internships in cooperating companies. Thus the students participate in the work of selected teams and external companies gaining practical experience in conducting research, applying adequate research methods and techniques and using cognitive knowledge.
If you are interested in our studies, please contact us at:
Poszukiwana dyspozycyjna osoba do realizacji zadań badawczych (rekrutacja uczestników i prowadzenie badań) w ramach projektu OPUS Narodowego Centrum Nauki (grant nr 2015/19/B/HS6/01633) dotyczącego subiektywnej wartości nagród finansowych.
Przewidziane jest wynagrodzenie.
Wymagania: ukończony co najmniej drugi rok psychologii, znajomość metodologii prowadzenia badań i metod analizy statystycznej, praktyczne doświadczenie w prowadzeniu badań, wysoka dostępność w kwietnia i maju br.